- Garbage Map
- All trash should be at the curb or alley by 6:00 a.m. Refuse may not be placed out for pickup prior to 24 hours before collection.
- All waste materials shall be placed in plastic garbage bags. Garbage bags must not weigh more than 40 pounds (a piece) or they will not be picked up. Plastic bags must be at least 1.5 mills thick and securely tied.
- Containers holding water or ice will not be emptied.
- The city will not be responsible for containers, especially plastic garbage cans in freezing weather.
- Paper bags are not to be used as containers for waste materials. Cardboard boxes must be broken down, split and tied in a bundle weighing not more than forty (40) pounds and not more than four feet in length.
- The following items will not be collected: hot ashes or burning embers, rocks, concrete or large stones, construction and/or demolition materials, tires, motor oil, flammable liquids and paint, poisonous or explosive substances, batteries or hazardous waste materials. The city cannot pick up appliances due to transfer station restrictions.
- Special days for collecting or dropping off bulk or large items such as furniture, carpet, etc. will be established each year as funding, equipment, and staffing resources allow. Information regarding this will be announced in the local media.
- Leaves are picked up during the annual Fall Leaf Collection Program. Do not mix brush, branches or other yard waste with the leaves.
- Medical waste including needles and syringes must be placed in a hard plastic container with a cap. Special containers are available at the hospital or local pharmacies. All wound dressings, pads and other medical waste should be disposed of properly in a protective plastic bag.
- Broken glass, light bulbs and other sharp objects shall not be disposed of without first securely wrapping them in heavy paper, cloth or other suitable protective covering.
- Christmas Trees are picked up through a special collection in January. The trees should be placed curbside and all decorations and stands removed. The dates will be announced in the local media.
- If collectors place a red sticker on a container it means the container should not be used and will not be returned to the resident the next week
- Containers and refuse must be placed at the curb of the street or alley. Collectors cannot enter private property to pick up items.
- A capful of ammonia or bleach in plastic bags will deter animals from breaking into and scattering trash.
- DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP ANYWHERE NEAR THE TRASH CONTAINERS.
For additional information or answers to questions about collection and regulations call (740) 773-2700, Monday-Thursday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.