Pat Patrick
Sixth Ward

Resident Information and Contacts

How Can I Get Rid of It?

How Do I Report...?



We are pleased to have you as part of our city. We hope this page will provide you with an understanding of the services offered to our residential neighborhoods. This page is an attempt to inform you of the problems most frequently generating complaints by neighborhood residents. Most of our citizens find that once aware of these problems they can take corrective action and live in harmony with their neighbors.

Household Garbage & Trash

Chillicothe is fortunate to have curbside/alley pickup of household garbage. Garbage cans and trash bags tend to clutter the right of way and are not aesthetically pleasing. Because of this, the time trash bags and cans may be left out is regulated. Containers and bags may be placed along the street or alley (depending on where you live) no more than 24 hours before scheduled pickup and by 6:00am the morning of pickup. Trash pickup is done Monday through Friday 52 weeks a year including holidays. Yard waste will not be picked up.


Recycling is voluntary within the city limits. However, paper and magazines may be placed in any green and yellow recycling container located at various locations. The white bins are for #1 & #2 plastics, glass, aluminum, metal cans & cardboard. These bins are also located througout the city. For the locations closest to you and more information, call the Service Department at 773-2700.

Yard Maintenance - City Ordinance: Section 1709.02(d),

The City is concerned with the aesthetic quality of our neighborhoods. In an effort to maintain the appearance of our neighborhoods, yards must be maintianed to avoid unsightly weeds or high grass. Grass or weeds over 12" high is a violation. Shrubs and trees must be trimmed to eliminate sight distance problems on corner properties. Outdoor storatge of materials such as appliances, indoor furniture, building materials, loose bottles and boxes are prohibited by ordinance. Violation of this ordinance may result in the property owner or tenant being issued a notice of violation or a citation by our Nuisance Officer. To register a complaint, call the Service Dept. at 773-2700.

Tree Trimming/Removal - City Ordinance: Chapter 907

The City of Chillicothe is very protective of our trees and realizes the benefit to citizens of having a tree care program. Tree care along the city right of ways is the property owner's responsibility. Before any tree work can be doen, an inspection of the tree must be done by the Chillicothe Tree Commission and if approved a permit to perform the work will be issued. Only tree companies registered with the city may perform work on city right of way. Call the Parks & Rec. Dept. at 772-5626 to get a permit and a list of registered trimmers.

Abandoned or Junk Vehicles - City Ordinance: Section 1709.02(1)

Abandoned or non-operational vehicles are defined by the city ordinance as vehicles that are inoperative or unlicensed and shall not be parked, kept, or stored on any premises. No vehicle shall at any time be in a state of major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled. Exception: A vehicle of any type is permitted to undergo major overhaul, including body work, provided that such work is performed inside a structure or similarly enclosed area.

Parking on City Streets - City Ordinance: Section 351.13

Due to limited on street parking space within certain neighborhoods, residents are encouraged to use their available off street parking. To address this issue no vehicle is allowed to be left standing or abandoned on any street or alley for a continuous period longer than 48 hours.

If you have further questions, please call me at 772-2254

Pat Patrick - 6th Ward Council Representative

© 2013 City of Chilicothe | 35 South Paint Street | Chillicothe, OH 45601

Planning & Zone Code | Back to top


Powered by